Thursday, May 03, 2012

Zoo keeper licked constipated monkey's buttocks for an hour to help it defecate a peanut

Zoo keeper Zhang Bangsheng used warm water to clean a small Francois’ Leaf Monkey’s buttocks at Wuhan Zoo in China, then began using his mouth to lick it, not stopping for over an hour, until the little monkey defecated a single peanut. Only after the peanut was defecated did 50-year-old Zhang Bangsheng laugh with satisfaction.

As it is understood, the small Francois’ langur is only 3 months old, and is the first Francois’ Leaf Monkey to be born in nearly 10 years at Wuhan Zoo. The Francois’ langur is a rare primate from Guangxi and Guizhou and is amongst the nation’s most protected animals. Because it is so precious, the zoo gave it to model worker and high-level expert Zhang Bangsheng to care for and raise.



On the first day of the “May 1st” short holiday, Zhang Bangsheng let the small Francois langur enter the monkey exhibit for the first time to meet visitors so it can see more of the world. The next day, Old Zhang discovered that the little monkey had indigestion and difficulty defecating, and immediately became worried.

Seeing peanut shells on the ground, Old Zhang immediately understood that visitors had definitely tossed peanuts to the small monkey, and the toothless monkey swallowed the peanut whole. If it does not quickly defecate it, it would endanger the little monkey’s life. Because the monkey is too small, it wasn’t suitable to use medicine to help it defecate. The only way was to lick its buttocks, to prompt it to defecate the peanut.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Because they don't have hot towels in China?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, i hope the Bangsheng used a dental dam.

Gerry said...

My family has helped out at a wildlife rescue shelter for 5+ years and when we first took some baby squirrels home to foster, our supervisor showed us how squirrel and rabbit mothers 'simulate' their young to poop by licking. She laughed while telling us about one of the other foster moms who complained about not getting any results despite long simulating sessions. The supervisor said to her, "Sometimes it helps to use warmer water on the paper towel."

The other foster mom aparrently looked at her horrified and said, " WHAT PAPER TOWEL!!!"

Yes she thought she was suppossed to be licking, too.

True story....

Anonymous said...

I would use a small brush with warm water, that should do the trick...

Anonymous said...

Sorry little monkey, I don't think you're gonna make it.

Joe Daily said...

My alligator didn't poop for 2 weeks, so I thought I would try this method, I licked his twitcher for over 3 hours, well let me tell you my wife was jealous, she wanted to know why I was having a go at myself while helping my scaly friend. Now my wife tells me everyday that she is having a hard time dropping a duke, well I'll tell you that I have a sore neck, not to mention the horrific case of halitosis I have. Just the other day I was talking to a friend the other day and he lost his lunch when he smelled my breath, but even with all that I still love tossing the salad, just please hold the croutons.

Anonymous said...

Joe, that is messed up. Get a life.