Friday, July 27, 2012

Pooh the poodle led owner to safety after sniffing gas leak

A seeing-eye dog in Alabama is being hailed as a hero for saving her owner's life. "The house could have blew up. She saved my life," said Nancy Jones. The she Jones is referring to is Pooh the poodle.



Although there is a gas detector, it was potential disaster that had gone undetected until Jones got a bit woozy while folding clothes on Monday. "The next thing I know Pooh was nudging me to put on her leash she went and got herself," said Jones.

That might not seem like a big deal, but it took some extra work by Pooh, who jumped more than six feet in the air to grab her own leash. "Brought it to me, made me put it on her and literally drug me out the front door," said Jones. Being outside Jones realized there was a gas leak inside the home and her dog saved her life. "It's... words can't describe, you really can't," she said.

Video link.

Jones is legally blind and Pooh is her nearly 3 ½-year-old seeing eye dog. "I wouldn't dream of walking to town and hadn't for years until I got her," said Jones. "You don't realize how important these dogs are to visually impaired or the deaf or people who have seizures. She's my daughter," she said.

No comments: