Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Man, 80, handcuffed and his daughter hit with spanner by men looking for cannabis farm

A woman has spoken of her horror after four raiders forced their way into her 80-year-old father's home and handcuffed him. She was hit on the head with a metal bat and spanner during the incident in Moorgreen, near Eastwood, Nottinghamshire.

Her father was handcuffed as the raiders searched the house during the 15-minute ordeal. The woman said: "It was just so frightening – when they tried to come in through the door and they hit me. I just thought 'what have I done to deserve this?' One of the men hit me over the head and there was blood all over my shirt.



"I tried pushing him back out of the door but he was too strong for me – it was so frightening. I was frightened too for my dad. He is being strong and trying to carry on as normal, but I was so worried for him. I just don't understand why they came here and did what they did."

Police said the men told the victims they were looking for a cannabis farm but when they discovered there were no plants they left the house and drove off. The men were white and in their early 20s to mid 30s.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

putting that picture on an item where there was never any cannabis, was an arsehole thing to do.