Saturday, May 11, 2013

Knight in shining armour's romantic proposal didn't go entirely to plan

A teacher was swept off her feet by her knight in shining armour in front of her pupils on Wednesday. Mark Crayford took romantic gestures to the next level as he chose an extraordinary way to propose to girlfriend Tracey Badenski by turning up on a horse and wearing a suit of armour.

The 49-year-old turned up on a grey horse and rode onto the playing fields of Even Swindon Primary School, where Tracey is a teacher.


YouTube link.

The proposal did not go entirely smoothly as Mark was thrown to the floor ground as he tried to dismount, but he was pulled to his feet by Tracey before getting down on one knee to propose. Mark said: “I am just a romantic, and I couldn’t think of a more romantic way to propose. It has taken me six months to set up but it has all been worth it.

“I always had this as an idea and I had to find the suit and ended up buying it in from Germany. This has taken a lot of planning – a lot of the time I was sneaking off to practice on the horse. I hadn’t been on a horse for a long time and I had to get her used to the armour. I am happy it is done and that she said yes.”

3 comments:

BoS said...

"Mark was thrown to the floor as he tried to dismount"

He was outside, thus he was thrown to the ground, floors are only found in buildings. Petty perhaps but it really annoys me when people do that, especially news organisations. I know it's rife on the BBC.

arbroath said...

Fair point! :)

Anonymous said...

More like fat dork in tin foil.