Sunday, June 30, 2013

Man doing burnouts in car shot at by angry neighbour

Shane Tenhagius a resident of Marrakai, a rural town of Darwin in Australia's Northern Territory was shot at repeatedly by his 61 year-old neighbour.

At around 10:30pm on Tuesday night, Mr Tenhaigus, 23, was walking back into his house after a series of burnouts on his suburban street, only to face the wrath of his gun-wielding neighbour. "Crazy old bastard comes and shoot at us, I guess. Pumped two (shots) into my windscreen, one into my radiator, one into my bumper and then one into the house, one at me while I was on the deck," he said.


YouTube link. Original news video.

Apparently Mr Tenhaigus, who sustained an injury to his right toe, feared for the safety of his 2-year old daughter: "I had a kid inside here, I was going to belt the s--- out of him (for coming) up here to shoot at my house when I have a kid inside. That's just unacceptable, even though we did a burnout," he said.

Police have reportedly arrested Mr Tenhagius’s neighbour but have yet to lay charges. Unfortunately Mr Tenhagius’s car - a white Ford Falcon - is looking worse for wear. "They might be crash resistant but they definitely ain't bullet proof," he said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missed the head. Breathe, relax, aim, stop breathing... squeeze. Proper marksmanship is important when you're the instrument of Darwin.