A puppy had to undergo a life-saving operation after eating a fake pile of dog poo. Boo, a black crossbreed, swallowed the joke object after a bag of dog biscuits was dropped on the floor. It got lodged in the six-month-old puppy's intestines, forcing vets to carry out emergency surgery.
Owner Shelly Bryson, 33, from Dundee, thanked animal charity PDSA after it
carried out the life-saving surgery on her pet. "My daughter Reese accidentally dropped a bag of dog biscuits and they got
mixed up with the fake dog poo that had been left on the floor," she said.
"For some reason Boo decided to eat it and swallowed it down in one. I got
straight on the phone to PDSA as she had been sick and was refusing to eat, and
they told me to bring her in immediately." Vet Stephan Hunt, from the PDSA PetAid hospital in Dundee, said the joke item
moved into Boo's intestines and caused a potentially fatal blockage.
"We gave Boo intravenous fluids to keep her hydrated and carried out
emergency surgery to remove the object from her stomach," he said. Mrs Bryson said her family had been "worried sick" about Boo. "We can all laugh about it now, but at the time everyone was very worried
about her as they knew how serious it was," she said. "Needless to say, we won't be having any joke dog poo
in our house