Sunday, December 15, 2013

Police hunt for Santa after he crashed his car through a hedge before fleeing

A man woke up to a shock on Friday when “Santa” drove through his garden hedge. William Morren, 66, was woken at 5.25am after hearing a crash in his garden in Dundee. And he looked out of his window to see a man dressed as Santa clambering out of a blue Nissan Micra before running away. Police are now hunting for the driver, who they believe may have been hurt in the smash.

William said: “I was in bed and I heard a bang and I thought it was an accident or something. I got up and had a look and there was a bus across the road. The bus driver got out and went over to the wee blue car that was in the hedge. Then the bloke got out and it was a bloke in a Santa outfit.



“He ran off down the road after the bus driver went over to him and he was leaning forward a lot and I thought he was drunk. The police asked me if I would be able to identify him but he was wearing the whole Santa outfit apart from the beard, so I don’t think I will be able to. He was slim and scruffy and younger than me. I hate Christmas anyway because a close family member died a few years ago. Now I hate Santa even more.

“I am not happy about what he has done to my hedge.” The car was recovered by a tow truck just before 7am, but “Santa” has not yet been traced by police. A Tayside Division spokeswoman said police were called to a home in the early hours of the morning.  “A male driver dressed as Santa crashed into a garden hedge,” the spokeswoman said. “We are now trying to find the driver. Anyone who can help is asked to speak to any police officer.”

No comments: