Sunday, December 22, 2013

Woman chose to publicly shame man who beat her

A woman in Florida chose to publicly humiliate the man who beat her instead of sending him to prison. 20-year-old Alisha Hessler was introduced to the man last weekend when friends of hers invited him out clubbing.



At the end of the night, they were in the back seat of a car when the man made unwanted sexual advances towards her. She asked him to stop and then hit him when he refused. "That's when he started beating me repeatedly until I had a broken nose and a concussion," Hessler said.



On Sunday morning, police were called to her house and a police report was filed, and Hessler was taken to the hospital for her injuries. But in a peculiar turn of events, she decided to not press charges.


YouTube link.

Hessler found the man on Facebook, and gave him the following ultimatum. "I can either press charges and have you arrested, or I can have you sit outside at a busy intersection for eight hours holding up a sign that says I beat women," Hessler said. The man, who has not been named, chose the latter option and sat on a stool wearing a dunce's cap holding a sign that read: "I BEAT WOMEN. HONK IF I'M A SCUMBAG."

No comments: