Saturday, January 04, 2014

Kangaroo on the loose in Florida back with its babysitter

A small kangaroo is back with its babysitter after getting loose in an Orlando neighbourhood on Tuesday. Deputies were called to the Kingswood Manor because of the loose animal. A woman out on a walk spotted the kangaroo.



"I yelled, 'Oh my gosh, a kangaroo,'" said Anny Stokes. "I just couldn't believe my eyes." Stokes said she didn't think her neighbours would believe her either, so she started snapping photos. She then grabbed some dog treats and called 911.

Witnesses said deputies had to chase the kangaroo before it could be wrangled. Stokes said a woman showed up and claimed the animal. "I asked that woman. She said she's the babysitter, so sounds weird. I said, 'Do you live here?' She says, 'I don't live here. This kangaroo lives here,'" said Stokes.


YouTube link.

Stokes said the kangaroo's nose was bleeding, possibly from jumping a fence. She wondered where it came from and who it belongs to. She asked law enforcement. "I said, 'Aren't they supposed to be in the zoo?' He said, 'Well, somebody's babysitting.' I said, 'Well, isn't it illegal?' He said, 'Well, we have to see if they have a licence,'" she said.According to Orange County sheriff's dispatch, the kangaroo is back with its sitter and the case has been closed.

No comments: