Saturday, January 04, 2014

Man called 911 about angry goat trying to get into his home

A man in south Oklahoma City thought someone was breaking into his house on Thursday, only to find the intruder had four legs and horns. "I heard some rumbling, and I freaked out. I thought that somebody was trying to break into the house, and then I come out here and check it.



"Then I see it coming towards me, and so I run back inside, heck no," Edgar Cardoza said. Cardoza thought it was a burglar. "It was a goat," he said. "I don't know what it was. It was like a ram, I think, can't really tell." It's big, has horns and was using those horns to try to get inside Cardoza's house. That's when he called 911.

"First somebody called and said that there was a goat running around the neighbourhood, and as we were driving to it, the homeowner where the goat actually was called in, too, to say that a ram was trying to beat down his front door," Lt. Jeff Spruill of Oklahoma City police said. "We got there. It wasn't a ram. It was a goat, but it was trying to beat down his front door," he said. Cardoza refused to come out of his house again, and that's when the goat turned his attention to police, going after them and trying to get inside their police cars.



"It's pretty scary when it charges at you," Spruill said. "If it were a burglar, a human burglar on their front porch, we know how to deal with that. We're trained and equipped, but we don't know how to deal with a goat," Spruill added. "We go deal with the things that nobody else wants to." They were able to deal with the goat, who is now back with its owner. Cardoza says his neighbour uses the goat as a guard dog.

With news video.

No comments: