Friday, March 21, 2014

Psychic cancels live shows due to unforeseen circumstances

A psychic show due to take place at Darwen Library Theatre in Lancashire has been cancelled due to ‘unforeseen circumstances’.

An Evening of Mediumship with International Medium June Field was due to take place on Thursday, April 3, but the performance will no longer go ahead.



Another performance in Aberdeen on April 9 by the resident psychic at The Sunday Post has also been cancelled for the same reason.

Full refunds on tickets are available by returning any purchased tickets to the original points of sale.

7 comments:

Brixter said...

That's something new to me. What exactly can you get out of a psychic show?

MH said...

I think they usually pick people "at random" out of the audience to tell them stuff, so the hope is that they'll read you or whatever. But I believe they're usually plants or they just make up lies if the go unscripted. I know there was one "psychic" in the states that would tell terminally I'll people they'd be getting better, or to stop doing treatments. I know she eventually got outed when people died, and I think she may have been sued into oblivion. So some states have made fortune telling illegal for any kind of fee or compensation.

arbroath said...

Thanks for that explanation, MH!

There's more info about psychics here, Brixter ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychic

Brixter said...

If I'd shell out money, I'd rather watch WWE-style wrestling, which I know is fake, than a psychic show which is also fake. It sounds incredibly boring.

arbroath said...

Whenever I hear about WWE-style wrestling, I'm reminded of this ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

Dunex said...

*mind blown* I did not see that coming

WilliamRocket said...

What irks me about refunds is the fact that there is no compensation for the effort of actually taking the ticket back.
It's the same as a faulty purchased item, say a light bulb, you buy it, take it home, put it in, and it does not work.
Taking it back means an out lay of time and money, for me it's a 15 minute drive to the shops, so at least 30 minutes, and of course fuel usage, My Saab costs 25 cents a kilometre to run, 17 k's to the shops and then back equals $8.50.
Cancellations should come with money back plus extra for costs incurred.