Thursday, May 29, 2014

Deer that fell from the sky crashed though windscreen of vehicle travelling at 70 mph

An Illinois woman had an unusual encounter with a deer as the animal leapt from an overpass and crashed through her windscreen. Heidi Conner says she was driving a minivan with her four children at about noon on Sunday.



“I’m driving, everything was fine. Boom, and I have a deer lying next to me in my car,” she says. A full-sized female deer slammed through the front of Heidi’s windscreen as she cruised at more than 70 mph on westbound Interstate 90 near Barrington. It’s as if the animal fell from the sky, she says - which apparently is not too far off.

Illinois Police State Trooper Justin Novarro was first on scene and says a witness told him the deer jumped or fell off the Illinois 72 overpass onto I-90. “Never in my career have I seen anything like this,” he says. Despite the impact, Conner steered the van through three lanes of traffic to get to safety.


YouTube link.

“If it had been one inch to the left, it would have been dead centre. I wouldn’t have been able to control the car. And one inch to the right, it would have killed my son,” she says. The children weren’t hurt at all, and doctors say Conner only has a sore shoulder and a few bumps and bruises. “I believe God was with me the whole time - he protected me, he preserved me for a reason,” she says. Conner says the family only had liability insurance on the car, meaning she’ll get no money from her insurance company. The car is totalled.

With longer news video.

4 comments:

Ratz said...

Her god's also apparently trying to drop deer on her.

Anonymous said...

"time - he protected me, he preserved me for a reason,” she says"

He could have stopped the deer from jumping in the first place, too.

Lurker111

BTW, that will be one hell of an "accident-with-an-animal" insurance claim.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I wonder why her god dropped the deer on her in the first place?

Williamrocket said...

You nearly got her, try harder next time god.