Sunday, June 15, 2014

Man stored lawnmower horse on balcony so it wouldn't be stolen

A Polish man who borrowed his friend's horse to cut the grass when he found that his lawnmower had broken down stored the animal on his balcony when he had finished.

Borys Kozlowski, from Grajewo, a town in north-eastern Poland, said: "I didn't want anybody to steal the horse. It did a great job on the lawn, and I wouldn't leave the lawnmower lying around either." When Borys, 48, finally got around to cutting the overgrown grass he discovered that the lawnmower had given up the ghost.



He said: "I saw a pal of mine while I was trying to fix it, and he told me I should forget the lawnmower and power up his horse, Dolina. I thought it seemed like a good idea, and as the horse was only a short way away anyway. We went and fetched it and then he left me with the horse tethered in the garden eating the grass. As well as short grass, I got some fertiliser as well.

"Afterwards he hadn't come back and I didn't want anyone to pinch the animal, so I took it upstairs and through my flat and left on the balcony." The horse's owner Jakob Pancesky collected the animal a short while later, saying: "He is a bit of a character. He has never been frightened of anything in his life - you can fire a starting pistol next to him and he would only turn and look at you. I guess a flight of steps was no big deal to him."

No comments: