Thursday, August 28, 2014

Neighbourhood cat has been terrorising people and pets

A Houston man says a neighbourhood cat attacked him on Monday morning as he was walking his dogs at about 8:30am. “The cat jumped off the fence and ran towards the dogs and myself,” said David, a resident of Houston Heights who did not want to give his last name.



“I tried to get in the way to try and protect the dogs and the cat latched on to my leg and scratched.” David was left with several inches-long scratch marks and two small dots. “It looks like a bite mark to me,” he said. David said he did not provoke the cat which came from a house in the Heights.



Keri Smith said she and her dog had a run in with a cat from that very same house last summer. “We were walking across the street and we saw this cat and it just launched off the porch and came running at us,” Smith said. “He probably chased us about a half a block,” she said. The cat’s owner said the cat has been known to run after dogs but had never harmed a person.


YouTube link.
 
The owner said the cat has a current rabies vaccine, but could not provide proof. David’s wife said she sent an email to the City of Houston’s animal control department. She said she hadn't receive any reply . The city says gives animal attack calls high priority and will investigate all reports as soon as possible, usually within the same day It is unclear if the city received the email or where the city may be in investigating this incident.

2 comments:

Stinky Cat Food said...

Paging... General Tsao

Barbwire said...

I was playing with my grandaughter's kitten, and one of his teeth scratched me on the wrist. I cleaned it, but it got infected, and I ended up in the emergency room all night, getting bag after bag of intravenous antibiotics. I now take cat injuries much more seriously.