Thursday, June 04, 2015

Drug dealer suspected of using snapping-turtle to guard stash in trunk of his car

People who don't want their drugs stolen may have a new line of defence: a guard snapping turtle.



According to the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation - Game Wardens, Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers and Tulsa police officers were attacked by a snapping turtle found in the trunk of a car involved in a hit-and-run accident. After officers found drugs in the car, they opened the trunk and immediately slammed it closed in fear after the turtle jumped aggressively at them.



Police believe the turtle was in the trunk "to deter 'friends' of the suspect from stealing his stash of drugs." Authorities initially were searching the car after the vehicle matched the description of one involved in a hit-and-run accident on the Muskogee Turnpike. The suspect drove 10 to 15 more miles with a wrecked car, officials said.



The driver reportedly was driving from Fort Smith, Arkansas, to Dallas, but ended up in Tulsa. Officers believe the suspect wound up in Tulsa because he was too intoxicated to know where he was. The suspect was arrested and booked into the Wagner County Jail, and charges are pending.

5 comments:

Ratz said...

I am not going to be stealing that turtle's drugs.

arbroath said...

Haha, me neither!

Anonymous said...

"the turtle jumped"

Are they serious?

Granted, snappers can be fast. Snappers can take off a finger or toe. Or, if you're waist-deep in the water, something even more precious.

But jump? Can't visualize it. Has anyone ever seen a turtle jump?

Lurker111

Ratz said...

Some of them can certainly jump. I was in Florida at one point when something like a soft-shelled snapper was disappearing into the bushes. My Dad wanted me to turn it around so he could photograph it. I looked at it, it looked at me and I left it the hell alone. I later looked it up in the guide book that described it as able to jump 2-3 feet in the air and "deliver a crippling bite". Yeah, that's in the groin range.. I'm glad I left it alone.

Anonymous said...

@Ratz:

Whoa. Learn something new every day. Thanks for sharing.

Lurker111