A reported prank call about a fake gas leak at a Burger King in Morro Bay, California, led to extensive damage to windows of the business late on Saturday night.
According to reports, employees received a call from someone indicating they were a representative from the Fire Department advising of an emergency.
The caller stated windows needed to be broken to ventilate the business. All of the windows were then broken.
The City wants to make clear the Fire Department would generally not call a business directly to warn of such an issue.
The case is now being investigated by the Police Department.
With news video.