Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Young lady rescued by firefighters after getting head stuck in toilet seat

A mischievous two-year-old girl had to be rescued by firefighters on Monday morning after getting a toilet training seat stuck on her head. Describing the incident as 'like a comedy TV show', Michael Dempsey, 28, was feeding his seven-month-old son Bruce at his house in Corby, Northamptonshire, when his daughter Daisy wanted to go to the toilet. Busy feeding Bruce, Michael told her to go and put her toilet seat on the loo and to wait, so that he could lift her onto the seat. But when a cheeky Daisy shouted 'daddy' a few seconds later, Michael was shocked to find the toilet seat stuck round her head and 'hanging from her neck like a necklace'.

"The first thing I said when I walked in was 'what have you done?!'" Michael said. "And then she replied 'I'm potty!'" So while she was laughing about it, I went downstairs and got some butter, before smearing it around the rim in the hop it would slide off - but it wasn't working. It was stuck and it wouldn't get past where her ears are, and then she said it was starting to hurt (me trying to pull it off), so I just thought 'we are going to have to get it cut off." Michael took Daisy to his mum and dad's house in the hope they might be able to help, but to no avail.

"I then went to the Corby Urgent Care Centre and they said it was the first time they ever had a child with a toilet seat over their head!" Michael said. "And then they said they don't have the equipment, and that I would have to go down to the fire station." Michael then whisked Daisy down to Corby fire station, by which time Daisy was starting to lick the butter off the seat, which her dad had tried to use earlier on in a bid to take it off. "When I got to the desk, the person asked me 'what can I help you with?', and I said 'well it is obvious?!'" Michael said. "They said they would get some cutters and take it off, which is ecactly what they did. And I have to say the firefighters were absolutely brilliant with the way they dealt with her - they kept her busy the whole time so she wasn't scared at all.

YouTube link.

"They also thought it was hilarious too, as we all did!" After thanking the firefighters for their help, Michael then went to a nearby store to buy a new toilet seat to replace the old one. But wary of the unfortunate incident happening again, Michael decided to 'test' the toilet seat with Daisy in the car before driving back home - just in case. "When we got in the car, we actually put the seat on top of her head to see if it would fit over her head, just to make sure that she can't do it again," he said. "And thankfully, the hole is a lot smaller on this one." It wasn't long until Daisy was putting the new toilet seat to use. Michael added: "Thankfully, she used it correctly this time and she came back from the toilet incident-free!"

No comments: