Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Homes targeted by shoe-stealing fox

A fox is believed to be behind a three-week crime spree targeting the shoes and washing lines of a neighbourhood in Bracknell, Berkshire. For around three weeks shoes, tops and even pillow cases have dumped in the the back garden of the Ranger family.



Mark Ranger says he has found "at least" 20 odd trainers and work boots in his garden over the past few weeks, and with a foxes den just two doors down and new fox cubs recently born, Mark has a good idea as to who the thief might be. Mark now hopes he can help reunite the shoes with their owners.





He said: "It's been going on just over three weeks now. There's probably been at least 20 shoes dumped. I thought I should put it out there so someone can recognise its their shoes and reclaim them." He added: "This fox has come up to me three or four times and been just eight foot away so it's quite confident.



"The den is two doors down and they are just taking stuff from the gardens. It's not just shoes, we've found a child's top, a pillow case, it's anything they can grab. I must admit I'm guilty of throwing out bones for them and I suppose we have encouraged them, I don't know if it's their way of saying thank you!"

No comments: