Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Woman surprised to find a tattie scone in her new handbag

A woman got more than she bargained for when she purchased a new handbag recently and found a potato scone inside. Claire Stewart, from Kilmarnock, Scotland, had purchased the new bag from New Look in Glasgow.



Claire, who had bought the pink bag to go with a wedding outfit, said on Facebook: "So I have a wedding today which I got a lovely bag (and outfit) from New Look in Buchanan Street Glasgow last Tuesday.

"This morning I go to put all my things for the wedding in my bag, so I take all the paper out of the bag it's stuffed with to uncover a rock hard tattie scone! The paper is all greasy that was in the bag and the bag stinks of tattie scone?! I love a tattie scone New Look but not in my new handbag?!



"How has this happened?! Disgusting! I shall be returning the bag to the store tomorrow...tattie scone an all!" A spokesperson for New Look offered an apology for the errant breakfast favourite, telling Claire they were 'terribly shocked and concerned'. The company have vowed to investigate the matter.

1 comment:

Ratz said...

I'd never heard of a tatty scone, however a bit of googling looks like it's the same as a potato farl, a staple in any Ulster fry.