Monday, January 14, 2013

Cold cats prompted house fire

A heat lamp used to stop cats getting cold was to blame for a house fire in Tucson, Arizona on Saturday morning.

Northwest Firefighters say the fire started after the residents set up a heat lamp and blankets on their patio to keep several cats warm throughout the night.

They believe the lamp either fell onto the blankets or the combustible material of the blankets were to close too the heat source.

Crews arrived within minutes to find heavy smoke from the attic vents. The residents and pets were able to safely escape the home. Damage is estimated at $15,000.

No comments: