Friday, October 04, 2013

Football injury left man with the abilty to squirt tea out of his chin

A footballer could squirt tea through a hole in his chin after being injured on the pitch. Gary Hake, from Chatham, discovered he could do the impessive trick while waiting to be treated at Sheppey Community Hospital on Saturday. Gary, 35, suffered the injury playing for Sheppey and Sheerness United FC when he clashed with an opponent while trying to win a header.



He said: “I remember jumping up for a header and then I’m not entirely sure what happened. I don’t know if it was an elbow or what but the next thing I remember is coming down in a bit of a daze with blood everywhere. We plugged it up with a bit of Vaseline at first and I saw out the rest of the first half, about 10 minutes. I think I was just running on adrenaline.

"But then at half time I realised it was a bit more serious and went to hospital. It’s an old injury that I did about nine years ago that had reopened up. But this time it was a lot worse. When I did it nine years ago, I thought about doing the thing with the tea then so this time I thought I’m not going to miss the opportunity to do it.”


YouTube link.

The father-of-two added: “I didn’t hurt. I think it helped clean it out a bit.” Gary, who had to have two stitches, retired from football last year after playing for 30 years. But he was persuaded to sign up again at the start of the season, playing for Sheppey and Sheerness United’s first time which is managed by his older brother Kevin. He said: “It just shows that sport isn’t always good for you.”

No comments: