Sunday, April 10, 2016

Guinea pig treated with oxygen after being rescued from smoke-filled house

Firefighters in Florida rescued a tiny pet from a smoke-filled house on Friday.

The fire happened at a home in Mulberry. According to the Polk County Fire Rescue, it started in the kitchen.

A man received minor burns but there was another victim in the home. It was a small guinea pig.

Firefighter John Williams got it out of the house, and it was treated with oxygen.

1 comment:

fred said...

Aw, poor little fella looks all smoked. I'm sure the firefighters took some ribbing about helping a rodent but Guinea pigs are sweet little animals. Glad they rescued him.