Thursday, May 05, 2016

Sad dog found on London bus reunited with his family - Update

A dog which was feared to have been abandoned on a bus in east London has been reunited with his family. The Staffordshire Bull Terrier was found sitting in the pram and wheelchair area of a 158 bus which travelled through Leyton on Thursday evening. Bus driver Amos Paul Mak spotted the lonely pooch and when the service terminated at Stratford Bus Station. The dog spent the evening on the bus, which was taken out of service and sent to West Ham bus garage, before being handed over to Newham Council’s dog wardens on Friday.



On Wednesday, four-year-old Boston was reunited with his owner Paulina Rybak, who said her pet disappeared while being taken for a walk on Thursday She said: “We took him outside and after few seconds, we couldn’t see him. We started looking for him but couldn’t find him. On Friday, in the morning, I went to my vet and told them I lost my dog and they told me to call Newham Council. They said: “When we find the dog, we will let you know”. But we ended up finding him on the Evening Standard website.





“I was so happy I started crying. I thought we would never see him again.” Miss Rybak, who has had Boston since he was six-weeks-old, said she and her two young children, Filip, 8, and Zofia, 3, were devastated when their pet vanished. She said: “I felt very, very sad because he is part of our family. “My children were very sad. My boy was crying and my daughter was as well. Now they are very happy and are with him now.”



Miss Rybak added it was the first time Boston has run off and fears someone tried to steal him before abandoning him on the bus. Mr Mak, who has been a bus driver for four years, said he remembers Boston getting onto the bus with two men. He said: “I am genuinely pleased Boston is home and I will let all the staff at Stagecoach, who helped keep him comfortable and stress free, know. My colleague Benji stayed working for a few hours after his shift unpaid to try and find a place to take him, Leigh Anne on the counter kept phoning all night to try and get him taken in somewhere and Liezel constantly kept an eye on and gave Boston hugs throughout the night.”

5 comments:

Ratz said...

Good news indeed.

Anonymous said...

I don't know. Pit bull and kids--what could possibly go wrong? :(

Lurker111

arbroath said...

It's a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Lurker111, which is a completely different breed.

Pit Bulls are banned in the UK.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. According to this article, they're included, but I'm willing to be educated on the point:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_bull

Lurker111

Barbwire said...

These dogs get a bad rap because of people who train them to fight. They are good dogs, loyal and loving to their families. You're much more likely to be bitten by a small dog.